Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Purpose & Mission

I work for a nonprofit organization. And most companies and nonprofits have a mission and/or a purpose that they use to describe their company.

Since I already have another blog page, Smile It Helps which I have used to chronicle my weight loss for almost two years through Weight Watchers, I wanted to differentiate this blog.

My Purpose: Live to Fit to Live is my page to chronicle my activities to get healthy. Workouts, schedules, goals, etc can be logged on this page.

My Mission: To strive to be the best version of me possible through exercise.

This all begins with my training for a 5k race next month, and a 1/2 marathon in May.

Over the past year, I have taken up running as a sport. I have never ever ever been a runner, and this has slowly started to change with my training. I began with the Couch to 5k program last March. I didn't complete it, but it did get me started, helping me to build my endurance for running. I struggle with asthma when I exert myself through exercise, and my lung capacity has always held me back. Through my training, I have been able to get through that and develop better breathing habits to keep me going longer. Also, as my weight has dropped, my body has more energy for the task at hand.

So that's it. My name is Julia, and I want to live to be fit and be fit to live. Join me in my journey! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment