Since there's less than two weeks left until the 5k, I am increasing my running. Today I ran the 3.1 miles (5k). It took me almost 40 minutes @ 5.0 + breaks. My goal is to run 3.1 miles every two days this week to work on building my endurance. I'll alternate that with 20 minute runs on the treadmill with intervals at higher speeds, and one day break. Also one of the runs should be outdoor. I just changed this from running every day--thanks to a friend's sage advise not to burn myself out before the race.
The days of the longer runs I'll probably have to cut out strength training. Today I was at the gym for an hour and a half to fit everything in. It was good because I hadn't been there in almost a week, but I should try to keep them to about an hour unless it's a weekend or something. Not good when I have to still get ready for work.
I also wore my knee brace today to help alleviate some of the pressure on my left knee since lately they've been killing me. Not a good sign even before I start training for the 13 miles, but, I think it'll be okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment