Thursday, January 6, 2011

Setting the bar high

So in training for the marathon, I thought I'd set myself a goal for the end of the year...

I will run 1000 miles in 2011.

I figure 1000 miles in 52 weeks about 20 miles per week. That may seem like a lot now with 2 and 3 mile runs, but when I'm doing 5 mile runs 3x a week and a longer run on the weekend, I should be well on my way to that goal by the time the 1/2 marathon comes around in May.

I do want to find some kind of widget to track my progress towards that goal...they have one on the Nike+ website, but there doesn't seem to be any way to share that. Also I may not always wear my Nike+ sneakers and there's no way to add workouts without the Nike+ on that website. Ah well. I created an excel spreadsheet to keep track...just gotta figure out how to create the graph :)

Yesterday was a great hill interval training on the treadmill. Not the same as the road, but still good and I made it through with flying colors. Though the pace was slow, I did complete each hill interval at a 4.0 jog. Wuhoo! :)

1 comment: